The moment I saw this little candle stand in IKEA, I know what I would do with it. It looks ceramic but it is really just painted wood. It has a great shape and height for a cake stand and will make any plate stuck to it, look incredible. I have just used a plain plate but I have grand plans to make different sizes and colours. You can gently sand back the stand and paint it in a water based paint with a clear coat of varnish. More to come on that!
- 1 x candle stick holder (mines from IKEA)
- 1 x white ceramic plate (mines 18cm diameter)
- High Strength Multipurpose Glue (woodworking is fine)
1. Have all of the equipment layed out in front of you on a clean work surface. You can spread newspaper underneath your work space if you aren’t to be trusted with glue! 2. Place the candle stick right side up and make sure it is clean and dust free. . . Also, rabbit fur or any other fur is not ideal! Flip the plate over so that the base of the plate is facing you.3. Neatly glue a fine line around the rim of the candle stick. (I am aware that my first attempt is not that neat) Allow the glue to stand for a few seconds.
3. Flip the candle stick onto the base of the plate, right in the centre. The label on the base of the plate is usually a good guide for accurately placing the candle stick. Allow to stand for 1 hour. 4. Look at what you made