My favourite flavoured skittle is strawberry and I thought that I would use the left over Christmas vodka stash to try something I have wanted to for a while now. Skittle vodka is very easy to drink over ice and generally doesn’t need to be mixed with anything else. You can if you want to, but it will be quite sickly sweet. It is quite syrupy once you filter it as well. Feel free to freeze the bottles for optimum drinking temperature!
- 60 strawberry skittles
- 250ml vodka
1. Place the strawberry skittles into a 300ml bottle with an air tight seal. Pour the vodka into the bottle and allow to stand for 1 – 4 days depending on how long the skittles take to dissolve. Roll the bottle and shake gently whenever you get a chance.
2. Sterilise a second 300ml bottle with an air tight seal and place a funnel into the top of the bottle. Using a piece of paper towel, fold it over twice to form a neat square and place into the funnel.
3. Slowly pour the vodka onto the piece of paper towel and allow it to filter through. Pour more in when there is room and continue until the whole bottle is filtered.
You can see below how much clearer the vodka is once it has been filtered. No white sludge left!
4. Remove the paper towel and seal the bottle. I made the sticker label by printing the skittles graphics onto sticker paper and cut them out by hand. The link to the print is here.
5. Store in a cool dark place and then refrigerate after opening.
If you are short a little bit, top up with vodka.