First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to my wonderful new blogger friend Megan from ‘Scrambled Megs’. I was so excited to open up Facebook this morning and find that my blog had been recognised for this award. Through receiving this award, I have discovered that Megan is also a huge advocate for animal welfare and she only lives a few suburbs away! You should definitely check her out, she’s awesome.
What exactly is the Liebster Award, I hear you ask? Well, Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest. This award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. If you’re tagged, it means someone has been following your blog and thinks you deserve a little recognition for what you’re doing. I personally think it is a great concept, not to mention a good way to learn about new blogs, while sharing yours.
Like everything, it comes with rules. They are:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
3. Fabricate 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
5. Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Things About Me
- I feed peoples dogs when they aren’t looking.
- I have crippling anxiety. I mask it with exercise, healthy diet and only 1 coffee a day.
- I really only have one fear – cockroaches. Even writing that was tough. I jump up and down on high furniture, hyperventilate and cry. Oh gosh, dramatic much?
- I love housework. I don’t know why, maybe it’s a little bit of OCD? I feel like I have really achieved something when the house is spotless.
- Everything I own is covered in bunny fur. Hm, contradicting the last one.
- I really want a Dyson hand vacuum for Christmas. You know when men stuff up and buy their wives an appliance or a cleaning product? That would be a win for me.
- I hate bananas and banana flavoured things. Brings me right back to High School Science and making the fake scents. BLERGH.
- I have an online shopping addiction. My worst downfalls being ASOS.com and forever21.com ($95 shipping – Waahhh?!) <3
- I have never taken an illegal substance or smoked a cigarette and I feel really uncomfortable in situations where people around me are doing it!
- I’m a bit of a Nan and would much prefer to be curled up on the couch with some tea and a fluffy bunny than out at a club!
- I have a tattoo of my brothers initials on the back of my neck. Out of 8 brothers, I only have one full brother. When people ask about it, it usually ends in them saying ‘I’m so sorry’. He’s still here! I just like the idea that to me, it symbolises us always being together.
- What are you most excited about lately?
A secret new venture in my life that I will tell you all about for ages when I figure it out!
- What are you currently reading?
Way too many bills. And Delicious magazine.
- Your favourite cookbook, and why?
Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. Oh my, veggie food to die for!
- If someone was being overtly racist in a social situation, how would you handle it?
I’m pretty straight up, I’d tell them where to go. With a few more words in between
- What was the last thing you ate?
A ploughman’s plate. Beetroot relish was a feature. A good crumbly cheddar, some charred sour dough and a grated apple salad.
- Name one thing you like about yourself, and why?
My love for animals. I don’t know what kind of person I would be without the love of a good rabbit. Compassion consumes me. I love charity!
- Do you floss your teeth every day?
Yeah duh. Love flossing. It’s one of my daily to dos!
- How do you deal with the daily stresses of life?
I exercise. I have a horrible family history of anxiety and it was unfortunately passed on to me. If I don’t get in my daily exercise, I’m mentally screwed. Hyperventilating mess.
- If you knew you wouldn’t be judged, what would you be doing differently?
Honesty, donate to more animal charities. I donate every chance I get but sometimes I do it when I cannot afford it and get myself into charity debt! By judged I mean, when people find out they shake their heads at me. I’m a sucker for sad emails and letters. Sometimes I take it a bit too far! It takes a bit of explaining but it’s one of those things that most people don’t understand. Do what you love, and do it often.
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
Baking with my Mum. I used to beg her to let me sit up at night and just watch her decorate cakes. She did a lot of work for companies like Kelloggs and Nestle, creating recipes and styling food, usually late at night because she had me and my brother to look after all day. It’s where the passion grew.
- If you could open your own business, what would you be doing? If you do have your own business, what do you do?
Catering. I love creating and eating. The two go hand in hand! One day. . .
- Kiran Turan
- Bunny. Eats. Design.
- Loaves and Dishes
- Piece of Cake
- Zen and Genki
- Tonette Joyce Food Friends Family
- All That I’m Eating
- Angie’s Recipes
- Hotly Spiced
- One Equals Two
- Go Bake Yourself
My Questions For You
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what food would you request?
- Dark, milk or white chocolate?
- Would you rather cuddle or eat a bunny?
- What is your ‘go to’ quick dinner recipe?
- Are you a team player or a lone ranger?
- Where are you travelling to next?
- What are you doing for Christmas?
- Have you ever won anything?
- What is your ideal night out?
- If you won $1,000,000, what would you do?
- What is your favourite charity?
Can’t wait to see what you say! Lots of blog lovin’ <3