First of all, I would like to say sorry for not being around the past few days. I am pretty steady with my posting and blog lovin I like to think, but last week, blog tragedy struck. I was locked out of my blog without an answer from wordpress or my hosting company. I kept getting the same message - password is wrong. I don’t think that you can truly comprehend how frustrating that message is when it keeps appearing, after you have done everything you are told. Anyway, I beat wordpress with my internet smarts and here we are, so not to worry. That vein in my forehead should go down soon.
I love this salad for more than the fact that it is delicious and nutritious. I love it because my Pop makes it and if I’m lucky, I get a tub sent home. It is so incredible in a wrap with hommus or just on it’s own. I have been known to serve it up with the odd falafel too
I truly believe, that when you order that late night kebab after a long night, that if you order tabouli on it, everything is going to be alright. I don’t want you thinking that I often chase a night out with a big fat kebab, because I don’t. But when I do, everything is okay. Maybe it’s mental? Or maybe it’s parsley? You be the judge. Just don’t knock it til you try it!
I love lemon and I love everything to be lemony. Even my blog! This is why I have the extra lemon on the side. For even more zing But honestly, for a regular person, it is overkill. Just enjoy the dressing!
Follow my lead. . .
- 1/2 cup fine burgal
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 bunches flat leaf parsley, washed thoroughly, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mint, washed thoroughly, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, diced
- 3 x tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the water and burgal into a bowl and allow to stand for approximately 15 minutes. You can stir it in this time.
- Combine the burgal, parsley, mint, red onion and tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper to a sealable jar and shake well until combined. Dress the salad and serve immediately.